- The Importance of Being Earnest and more Wilde
- Our Lady of the Flowers and more Genet
- The House of Bernarda Alba and more Lorca
- Loot and more Sixites and Seventies Drama
- Aldara and more contemporary works
The name is misleading: these “gay plays” are great works of literature that are only united by the sexuality of their authors. This is a celebration of gay writing not an exploration of gay themes in literature. The authors stand out for the quality of their writing alone. Yet there is no question there has been a shift in perceptions in the past 150 years. Whatever your sex, gender or sexuality this is a burning theme that needs discussing, and by close reading we can find out if there is such a thing as a gay voice.
There are five walks through the hills of Asturias, which will add an extra dimension to the readings. The top-class cuisine will include such traditional fare as pitu caleyu (locally raised chicken) and fresh vegetables from the garden.
Date: 22 October 2017. Maximum: 12.
- Course starts at 10 am and finishes at 5 pm. It includes:
- Drinks, refreshments and snacks
- A light lunch offering tasters of some of the typical dishes and products of Asturias
- Readings with an introduction and one-to-one help
One free morning; on this day we include dinner instead of lunch. We will offer dining options when you make your reservation.
You can stay in one of our houses if you would like to. There are other options nearby.
I am Jason, the course co-ordinator, and I will be delighted to answer your questions.